Catching up on our THANKFUL POSTS
We have been writing them down daily. It's our night time ritual now. Sometimes the kids run up to me during the day and say, "I've got my thankful for today." Sometimes they have to struggle to think of something. But they always do!
I'm thankful for or glad that:
Day 23 - Thursday, March 15, 2012
Janna- my cousin Chris and my uncle Raymond for clearing and preparing the place for my storage barn and for my parents' home
Anna- pranks
Wesley - it was a great day with no rain and no storms
Luke - the power did not go out
Day 24 - Friday, March 16, 2012
Janna - Rob's headstone has no mistakes and is in place
Anna - friends
Wesley - Daddy got his headstone in place
Luke - legos
Day 25 - Saturday, March 17, 2012
Janna - my parents' new home is safely in place
Anna - Dr. Seuss
Wesley - I got to play with Garrett today at the birthday party
Luke- paint
Day 26 - Sunday, March 18, 2012
Janna - I was able to parent Rob's daughter and that I was able to conceive, give birth to, and parent our other daughter and his two sons - I'm thankful that I have the 4 best children in the world
Anna - Mrs. Tracy (her Sunday School teacher)
Wesley - farmers because they grow our food and fruit - for juice
Luke - things heal (he currently has about 10 scratches on his legs and arms:)
AND
I talked with Crystol today - she's been reading my blog - she said I could add her thankful for today...
Crystol - I am finished with college and I am spending a Sunday afternoon NOT doing school work! (and just as any proud parent should, I will brag that she has completed a Bachelor's degree and 2 Master degrees)
Day 27 - Monday, March 19, 2012
Janna - friends - whom I've known for 25 years - and again, God's peace
Anna - dance
Wesley - I had fun with Cindy, Harold, Benjamin, Jenny, & Joseph going out to eat Japanese food
Luke - light and sunshine
Day 28 - Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Janna- my Rob is experiencing Heaven
Anna - the sun
Wesley - sodas
Luke - television
Day 29 - Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Janna - Since my storage building has passed inspection, every time I need to go to my parents' house for anything, I take a load of stuff (might as well not waste gas as expensive as it is now). I had to meet the engineer from the power company today at my parents' new home so today was the 2nd load this week and I plan on taking another one tomorrow when I go to take my dad to the eye doctor. I am thankful for my boy, Wesley, and his willingness to help load and unload the things to take. In fact, he actually thinks it's fun - and with him along for the ride, it actually has been. He's been helping me remember how, as a child, so many parts of the moves were so exciting to me. And even though Wesley is grieving that we have to leave here and that everything is changing yet again, he is enjoying the exciting parts. And watching that, through my son's eyes, gives me joy.
Anna - for my IPod
Wesley - I am glad that Hughes Net (not always reliable) actually worked at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house today
Luke - we didn't get hurt in last Saturday's thunderstorm and that lightening did not strike our house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, back on the road again to go pick up Anna from Theatre class...
Janna
No comments:
Post a Comment