Thursday, March 15, 2012

Marked Finality

On November 14, 2011, I started the process...



of shopping for Rob's and my tombstone.


Nothing prepares you for picking out your husband's headstone...


and, at age 43, I was even more unprepared for picking out mine and making sure my name will fit on there as well - when the time comes
(my children did not want me to put my name on there right now - they said they didn't want to think of another parent in the grave).


But unprepared or not, it's another one of those things that had to be done - that only I could do. 


So, on January 30, 2012, I made the final decision that fit all of the regulations and placed the order.


Today, March 15, 2012 at 3:52 p.m., I got the call from the monument company that the headstone is in place on Rob's grave.


 
Tomorrow, I will go view the last gift that I bought for my husband.


And even though I will rejoice that I KNOW he is not in the grave
that is now marked with his headstone and even though I will rejoice in the full hope I have in the Resurrection,

I'm sure I will also - all over again - grieve that he is not with me either.




No comments: