...although he will be 11 on Monday.
Luke and I...
...spent the evening here.
Gotta love those televisions in the rooms. Distraction helps!
At my cousin's birthday party, Luke was sliding knee first to catch a bouncy ball.
I don't even know if he caught the ball
but his knee did catch a loose screw on the stage
that did this.
It hurt.
He was brave.
Even through the numbing shot that went directly INTO the open gash
because the cut was too deep for JUST the numbing gel.
But he said that was better than feeling the stitches going in. I agree.
Surveying what's going to be his newest scar...
...of many he already has.
The doctor did a great job.
So did Luke.
My 10, almost 11 year old, happy that it was over.
And he was even more happy when we arrived home at 1:15 a.m. and his brother and cousin were still awake to hear all about it.
And now, they are all tucked into bed and I am headed to mine...
...while being thankful for living in a country where a 10 year old boy who needs 10 stitches...
...can get them.













No comments:
Post a Comment