Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015


Today marks the 4th Father's Day without my Rob
- the 4th time my children have faced the day
fatherless.

Luke wanted to wear one of his daddy's ties today.
He even tried to tie it on his own.
Looks like I've still got some more teaching to do.


Luke wanted to make a card for his "Pops" this year
but forgot to do it until it was time to leave 
for church.

So he made it on the way there.





And then he made his daddy another one in his Sunday School class.




The first Father's Day without my Rob was horrible.

But it's better now than it was.

I dare to say it's even okay.

We still miss him.

His absence is still felt heavily.

But his kids are well adjusted

(if one can be such a thing after losing a parent)

and they are happy.

I know he would be proud of them.

And I think he would be proud of me too.

Today in church, I stated what I've found to be true 
in the last 3 years and 9 months.

God will step in and be a father to the fatherless.

(Psalm 68:5 - God will be "a father to the fatherless...")

God is ever faithful...








...even in this.









No comments: