Wesley, Luke, my cousin Phillip, and I went on a bus trip with our church yesterday.
We went to see the artifacts that have been recovered from Blackbeard's ship,
the Queen Anne's Revenge. We all had a great time exploring history! And speaking of history, I would have loved to have taken my 4th graders to this exhibit when I was teaching them all about Blackbeard in NC History. Too bad they hadn't discovered the shipwreck yet at that time!
Mary was proud to introduce me to her son, Erik (who works on the Queen Anne's Revenge conservation effort). I started going to this church after Erik had already grown up and moved away so this was the first time I had met him. It was good to meet him and I can certainly tell that Mary is very proud of him!
I noticed in the reflection how very tall my boy is now and had to snap a photo!
My brother and his family live near where we went so he and my nephew met us there.
The anchor is massive!
We stopped on the way home and enjoyed a fantastic supper!
Selfie with Luke gone wrong when the bus hit a bump!
It was a great trip and it was nice to just sit back and relax while someone else did the driving! Thank you, Randy!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment