Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter 2015, for us,

was full of 

lots of faith,

lots of food,

and lots of fun!

It was a good, long day!







Sunrise Service and Breakfast





(Jimmie and Jimmie)





Between the Sunrise Service and Church, Anna just wanted to sleep for a minute.
Tux was not amused that Anna used her for a pillow.


Easter Baskets
with Anna, Wesley, Luke and our cousin Phillip
(and the one of the end is for Crystol and Alan)






My favorite Easter basket ever.
I always got Easter baskets from my parents every year
but when we were grown, my dad started doing something different.
For years, he would make our baskets.
He even did this after I was married.
He then just started making them for Rob and Crystol too.
I saved this last one that he made.
It always makes me remember that,
well into adulthood,
I was still my daddy's little girl.
I treasure it.


Photo Sessions Before Church are a must!
















Church
Daddy taught Sunday School.
Anna and Wesley sang in the choir.
Wesley was an usher.
Phillip read the Scripture.






The dogwood at church was beautiful.


Rob's Easter wreath.



We had not seen a lot of our family since Christmas
so when the family and the food started arriving, 
the fun of just hanging out
together began!




(Yes, Wesley's room - that used to be Anna's room - is STILL purple.
I bought the paint but just haven't gotten it painted yet.
One of these days, one of these days!)




















We celebrated our cousin Ryan's 10th birthday.
Happy Birthday Ryan!





Everyone sang Happy Birthday to me too
for my March 30th birthday.
My sister, Joan, made me a Reese's Cup pie!
(Reese's Cups are my favorite candy ever)
It was delicious!


We dyed Easter eggs.















There was an Easter Egg hunt.





















And just some fun being together.



(Leah LOVES her Wesley)!










And at the end of the day when the last cousins 
were leaving, one of the kids turned on their iPad
and the kids ended the day with an impromptu
dance party.

A great and fun ending to a great day!











And, since this is my blog
and the name of it is Jannas's View, 


my view during the day was that:

I am blessed to have had parents who believed in God!
I am blessed to have had my Rob!
I am blessed to have my children!
I am blessed that my children have so many
family members to make our get-togethers so much fun!

Most importantly,
I am blessed to be a child of God
and to be loved by Him!


Christ Is Risen!

HE IS RISEN INDEED!






2 comments:

Debbie Godfrey said...

What a fun day! I felt like I was there when I looked at the pictures. Hallelujah! He is risen!

Janna said...

Thank you Debbie! He is risen indeed!