Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful - Day Two

Day Two - Feb. 23, 2012

We're all very tired in this house tonight.  Thursdays are such busy days here - Tae Kwon Do, Theatre, & Basketball.  And Wesley jammed his thumb at basketball practice tonight - hope it's just jammed and not broken - it's very swollen.  It's wrapped in ice right now and we'll see what happens...

But we still want to take our time to be thankful.  We've talked about it on and off all day today.  I will go back and edit yesterday's post to include the children's thankfulness but I'll also put it here for those who don't want to go back. 

What the children were thankful for (yesterday - Feb. 22nd) by:

Anna - I am very thankful for my tutor, Mrs. Lisa.
Wesley - I am thankful for medicine - that our country has medicine to heal the sick.
Luke - I am thankful that Papa is having a good time in Heaven.


What we're thankful for today:

Janna - that my daughter (Anna) has such a love for reading.  There were so many times when we were struggling with Anna's dsylexia that I wondered if we would ever get to that place and we've been there for a while - for a couple of years now.  But tonight I saw it all over again when we arrived at Theatre class.  Anna had brought one of her books for her friend to read.  It's part of a series and they've all been trading around the books Anna got for Christmas.  You would have thought that Anna handed this friend some gold by the way she was so happy with the book.  Anna being part of a teenage "book club" scenerio is what I'm thankful for today for 
THAT made me smile and brought me joy.

Anna - I am thankful for my Theatre class.
Wesley - I am thankful for food and water so we won't starve.
Luke - I am thankful for toys.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: