Thursday, May 7, 2015
What I know for sure
is that God is with us.
What I know for sure
is that God will never forsake us or leave us.
What I know for sure
is that, in every single change, He is with me.
Whether that change
was when I, as a child, was moving to a new place with my parents.
Whether that change
was when I fell in love, got married, and had our children.
Whether that change
was when I, as a preacher’s wife, was leaving pastorates and arriving at new
ones with my late husband.
Whether that change
was when I watched our oldest daughter, Crystol, move to another state to be
close to the man she loved.
Whether that change
was when I spent the day watching my late husband die.
Whether that change
was when I moved my children out of the parsonage away from everything they
knew and loved.
Whether that change
was moving to a new church where their dad was not the preacher and no one had
even known my late husband. My son told me
that it seemed that since no one had known or remembered his dad that it was
almost like his dad had never existed.
Whether that change
was watching my Anna graduate and start college
and tomorrow is
already her last day of her freshman year.
(I am so proud)!
Whether that change
was every time, over the last 12 years, the caretaking of my parents increased
again.
What I know for sure
is that God has been with me in every change
and He will be with
me for all future changes as well.
What I know for sure
is that, even when I feel alone at times,
I AM NOT.
God proved that
today.
Yet again.
My mom fell this
morning.
She broke and
dislocated her ankle.
She was in a lot of
pain.
The doctor had to fix
the dislocation.
She was very brave.
I was very proud.
Then she had to have
surgery.
A metal plate and
metal screw.
She was very brave.
I was very proud.
I am home now.
To try and rest.
My sister is with
her.
I will go back in the morning to meet with the social workers about the future.
She will spend the
next few weeks (probably 6 – 8) in skilled nursing rehab.
After that, well, we
will see what the future brings.
But what I know for
sure tonight is that change is here again.
What I know for sure
right now is that my mama is not in the house beside me.
What I know for sure
right now is that I miss her being there.
And, even though I
knew this particular change would come and some preparations had already been
made for when it would arrive, it still does not make it any easier.
It just feels like
another loss.
Because it is.
But what I know for
sure is that God is with us.
He was with my very
brave mother today.
He was with the
doctors and the nurses.
He made His presence
known in so many ways.
From someone telling
me they had spent time in a chapel praying for us
to someone finding a
way to get in touch with me just to encourage me
to the folks who came
to wait with me
to all of the
Facebook messages sent by so many people
to the phone call with a friend
to the phone call with a friend
to all of those who
were there in so many ways.
All of which warmed
my heart.
And hers.
What I know for sure
is that God was there today every time I needed Him.
What I know for sure
is that His timing was perfect.
In all ways.
It was very sad to
watch my dad kiss his wife goodbye this morning as she was being loaded into
the ambulance and hear him say, “I’ll see you soon” when I knew that I knew
that I knew she would not be coming back home with me for a long time, if at
all.
The longest they have
ever been apart is 12 days when my dad was
blessed with a trip
to Israel .
They are so sad to
not be together.
Another change that I
cannot help right now
and one I’m familiar
with.
But God’s grace is
there and will be there.
For them and for me.
Because…
What I know for sure
is that God is with us.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment