Thursday, December 29, 2016

They're In


Yesterday, my parents were warmly welcomed into their new home.


Thank you for the prayers.


It all went very well.

The paperwork went well.

My parents were okay and, dare I say, even a little excited 
about all the new things to learn and people to meet.

We found out Daddy was the preacher for some family of folks who work there.

We found out one nurse is the granddaughter of church members.

When a person has lived in many places as my parents and I have, 
we tend to know a lot of folks.

So it all went extremely well...

...right up until the very end when the kids and I were leaving
(at 11 p.m.)

and my dad asked to come home...

...and I had to say no.

It was gut-wrenching
and purely heart-breaking.






1 comment:

Debbie Godfrey said...

Awww...bless their hearts. I didn't realize they were going to a new home. I hope they find the support there comforting and uplifting and make lots of new friends.