Friday, June 13, 2014

PUBLISHED!!!!!

My Anna girl wants to be a writer.

(September 2001 - First day of school)

That is her goal.

I've told her many times that she already is a writer.

She has been a writer since she used to dictate stories to me that I would write down for her.

When she was young and her dyslexia prevented her from actually using our letters and words, 
she came up with her own language of symbols and made up letters.  
It was her coded "written word" that only she understood.  
I encouraged that because, even though I couldn't read it, she could. 
I knew that her written word and language forms 
were infilitrating her mind and becoming a part of her.
And I hoped it would develop and eventually 
translate into a love of our written word.
And it did.
She has many journals that now, many years later, 
only represent what she "used to be" because she has 
simply forgotten her long ago used code.

So, my Anna girl has always been a writer.

And now,

today,

I got an email worth celebrating!

The email says that her article that she submitted to the local newspaper about the high school graduation ceremony of which she was a part will be PUBLISHED!!!

It will be published on Monday in print,
not just online.

So you better believe I will be driving to that town and purchasing a lot of newspapers!!!

Congratulations to my girl!

You're not on your way to your future dream of being a published writer -

YOU ARE THERE!

(2014)

I love you, my girl, and I am proud of you!

Love,
Mama

No comments: