Monday, June 16, 2014

Anna Is Published!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter's writing has been published!





Anna is at camp again (a different camp than last week's) so she couldn't be with me today when I went to get the newspapers but I did text her a photo of it.

She is so excited.

So am I.

And I am proud of her.

For writing a great article.

For being a great writer.

And for just being her.

But I am especially proud to see her name in print.

Because I know her background.

How hard she worked, for years,
to overcome her dyslexia.

And how she not only overcame her challenges but also excelled and soared over them. 

So as I pulled the newspaper from the box this morning and hurriedly shuffled through the pages hunting for my girl's article, I was actually quite overwhelmed when I came across her name -

her full name - 

in print - 

over AND above her article!

For me, it was a "full circle" moment.

One I really enjoyed.

After I bought all of the copies in the paper box, 




I then drove to the newspaper office and bought a bunch more copies.




I am one proud mama!









1 comment:

Cindy McManus said...

I am sooo proud of Anna! What a tremendous achievement! I really enjoyed reading her well written article. Her future is without limit!!