My Wesley...
My son...
My boy...
...is 13 today.
Wesley is around 5' 8" now.
His feet just recently grew to a men's shoe size 10... the same size his dad wore.
So we pulled out his dad's shoes (which I had packed up to donate) for him to try on.
And his feet fit into most of his dad's shoes.
In many traditions, 13 is the age when a boy is considered a man.
But for my boy, he just naturally started stepping up to that position in so many ways when he was just 11 1/2...on the day his dad died.
In many traditions, 13 is the age when a boy is given much more responsibility.
But for my boy, he just naturally started shouldering it on his own.
And even though I've praised him for being "the man of the family," I've tried not to expect more of him than I would have before.
But for my boy, he just naturally started doing it.
Now I still have to remind him to take out the trash.
But that's okay - I had to remind his dad too!
In many traditions, 13 is an age to be celebrated.
And for my boy, that's exactly what I plan to do!


No comments:
Post a Comment