Happy Valentine's Day!
It's been a busy day for us.
The kids liked their Valentine's Day surprises.
And they got a surprise of their own. They got a "special delivery."
Last night, Anna decided to make a valentine for our mailman, Norman. Luke decided to as well. Anna made sure they were in the mailbox this morning hoping they would be a nice surprise for Norman.
Around 10 a.m., the doorbell rang. It was Norman and his wife. He had finished his route and they brought my children a return surprise and a thank you with a hug. Such a nice start to the day!
I cooked some food for a funeral at the church today. I remember how much that meal meant to my family and me after Rob's funeral and I've made it a point to cook for all of the funerals since we've been here. I drove Rob's car to the church and stopped at his grave.
I did not stay for the funeral. I didn't really know them and I had promised my children a Valentine's Day outing including going out to eat lunch. But I sure have been praying a lot today for that widower. He lost his 57 year old wife suddenly. It's such an awful thing to have to go through. I have been praying for strength for him because that's what I remember needing most on the funeral day. And for him, it's even worse. He buried his wife today on Valentine's Day and what would have been their wedding anniversary. I will be praying for him and her children (all grown) tomorrow and in the coming weeks. As I said, it's an awful thing to have to go through.
After I got back from the church, the kids and I headed out of town. We went out to eat. It was Wesley's turn to pick the restaurant.
We went shopping. The boys just love waiting for their sister to try on clothes - ha, ha, ha.
I didn't get a photo of it but the boys got their turn to shop. They got to go to the video game store.
Anna then had to head off to her dance and theatre classes and they boys and I came home.
All in all (except for the sadness of the funeral), it was a great day!
Hope yours was.


















No comments:
Post a Comment