Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

We were supposed to spend ours with these little goblins
(my nieces and nephew - Sarah, Kaylee, and Jay).


Instead, Luke and I spent the day here
(the doctor's office)


and here
(Luke amusing himself at the pharmacy as we waited for his prescription)


and here
(he has the flu).


After he slept a long time today 
(because he nor I slept a lot last night with his fever peaking at 104.5),
he was actually hungry and has kept his food down
(YEAH)!


So since today's plans were changed, I'm ever so glad that my kids had some early Halloween events this past weekend.

First, Anna drove herself to a Halloween party in the town where we used to live.



And the boys went trunk or treating with the church group.






And tonight, I let Anna drive Wesley around our little area for some trick or treating tonight.


When they came home, they included Luke and divided and traded their candy around just like every year.


As my Luke sat in my lap and caught the candy that his siblings were tossing him, I glanced around and felt a wave of happiness at my children's delight in such a simple act.

It was a good moment.

And even though Luke's fever is still hovering around 102 WITH fever reducing medicine (please say a prayer for him), I am grateful that my children are basically healthy and happy.

I am blessed.





No comments: