Sunday, January 24, 2021

An Old Piano Sings

 I love how Luke can create so much music
with this old piano.



This piano is the one my Grandma and Grandma Beck
bought for my mama
when she was learning how to play.

She was 8 years old when she started
and they didn't have a piano yet.

She practiced on the window sill at first.

She has told me that one of her favorite memories ever
is the day she got this piano.

It's over 130 years old now and way past its prime.
The last time I had it tuned,
the tuner said he couldn't make it sound any better
because the strings are just worn out.

So it definitely has a twang when played.

But it brings back so many memories
of when it was in my Grandma Beck's house.
My mama would play
and we would all sing.

Since I got it, it has moved into 3 parsonages
and then here.

Most of the time,
Luke practices on the really good piano
that is at my mama's house (right beside our house)
but I LOVE it when he practices here
and makes my old piano sing.

I hear such sweet sounds from my past
as I also hear my boy orchestrating his future.

I am blessed.




No comments: