She was a gift.
Her name was Gerry
but I called her by her nickname, Bip.
I met Bip not long
after I met
and started working
with her daughter, Cindy.
It was 1987.
That’s also when I
met the rest of Cindy’s family
- Cindy’s husband,
her father, her sister, Cheryl,
and her brother,
Danny.
Bip was Danny’s
mother,
the one I asked you
to pray for in my last post.
She passed away on
Monday, April 30, 2018,
4 days after her son
passed away.
Just as I said about
her Danny in my last post,
Bip is now experiencing
her faith having become sight.
Her race is finished.
She is getting to see
her parents, her husband, her son, her grandson,
and many other family
members.
She is completely
healed and free from all earthly issues.
Her heart is with her
Jesus.
And for that, I
rejoice!
But I miss knowing
she’s here on this earth.
Bip lived a couple of
hours away from the county
where Cindy and I
lived and worked in 1987.
At that time, Cindy
and her husband still “went home” for the weekends.
I would often go with
them.
I have always been a
night owl and Bip was always up working.
I have so many sweet
memories of sitting with her, after most everyone else had gone to bed, at her
kitchen table late into the evening as she made the next day’s dessert.
It made for many late
night conversations
that I will always
value.
I don’t know if I
ever told her children or if she told them
but there were
occasions when I would call Bip to get her opinion on things.
Those phone
conversations were as valued as the kitchen table ones.
I didn’t get to see
Bip a whole lot over the life
of Rob’s and my
ministry years as we moved to different places across the state
but every time I did,
it was as if no time at all had passed.
She was special like
that.
A few years ago, Bip
and her husband, had to downsize
and move into an
assisted living facility.
And when she did, I
ended up with a gift from her.
The very first time I
ever walked into her living room back in 1987,
I couldn’t help but
notice a picture hanging on the wall that, although not identical,
was so similar to one
hanging in my very own house.
I, then and there,
said to Bip,
“If you ever decide
to get rid of that picture,
I’ll take it off your
hands.
I would love to have
a matching set.”
So, over 25 years
later, as they were downsizing,
I got a phone call
offering me the picture.
Both pictures are
special to me.
They both remind me
of strong women who made an impact on my life.
The one on the left
is a reminder of my Grandma Beck (who bought it)
and my Great-Grandma Hussey (the picture hung in her house was when I was growing up).
and my Great-Grandma Hussey (the picture hung in her house was when I was growing up).
The one on the right is
a reminder of Bip, who, although not biologically my family,
sure felt like it.
Both pictures make me
smile.
Just as Bip always
did.
~~~
Please pray for Cindy
and Cheryl.
They lost their
brother and their mother within 4 days of each other.
Please pray for Bip’s
sons-in-law, daughter-in-law, and her precious grandchildren, two of whom,
as I told you in my last post, just also lost their daddy.
God heals the broken
hearted.
My children and I are
proof of that.
But it’s not easy.





1 comment:
So sorry about your recent losses. Your strength and your faith continue to inspire.
Post a Comment