Thanks for the prayers. Just a couple of updates and one more prayer request.
1. Rob's mother, Pat, came through her surgery just fine. In fact, when I called her husband's cell phone, he didn't answer. Pat did. She has already been up on her feet with the physical therapist.
2. Today, I called the doctor about Luke. They said to bring him right in. So I called Daddy and told him to get ready too.
Daddy has a place on his leg that, no matter what we've done, just will not heal (not uncommon for diabetics) - it's been there for over 3 months. I knew he needed to see the doctor again about that. So I took Daddy and Luke to the doctor. Let's hear it for family doctors!!!!!
Luke got an antibiotic. So did Daddy.
Luke's fever is still hovering around 100 - 101. But you know, the boy did not have one bit of fever at 10 a.m. this morning in the doctor's office : )
I think that even though they were both going to the doctor and the pharmacy, they both enjoyed getting out of the house!
And on the way home, my dad told Luke the story of how he and my mom both worked for 3 summers in a row (when they were dating and my dad was in college) at the peach cannery in another town. He told the story of how my Grandpa Beck gave him a car and he would pick up Mama and more workers and drive them all to work. He told Luke the entire process of the jobs he and my mom did on the production line. He told Luke that he and Mama got paid $1 an hour. He told Luke how from where he worked and from where Mama worked they could see each other and it was a joy to be able to watch each other every day. He told Luke about how, during their 30 minute lunch break, they would find a place to sit together to eat their lunches they had brought. He told Luke this story with all of the vigor of a young man in love. It is always so obvious that, even coming up on their 50th wedding anniversary in December, he has never forgotten the first feelings of love he had and still so obviously has for my mom.
New Prayer Request
A good friend of my sister and a friend of mine (who reads this blog regularly - thank you Debbie) has requested prayer from me and I thought I'd pass the request on to you. She left a comment on yesterday's post but I thought I would just put it in here too so those of you who do not look at comments will be asked to pray as well. Debbie, I have been praying for you and I will continue to do so.
Here is her request:
I just prayed for all of your listed concerns and will continue to pray for you and your loved ones. I also thanked the Lord for your children being so responsible and caring. You're doing something right and certainly are a great mom!
Would you please add me to YOUR prayer list? I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy 10/3. Luckily there was NO lymph node involvement...but I had a port put in on Friday 11/2 and have to start chemotherapy treatments tomorrow morning.
Sending you lots of love!
Debbie
Would you please add me to YOUR prayer list? I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy 10/3. Luckily there was NO lymph node involvement...but I had a port put in on Friday 11/2 and have to start chemotherapy treatments tomorrow morning.
Sending you lots of love!
Debbie






No comments:
Post a Comment