Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23rd - 2 different years

On September 23, 2011, I put on this suit for the very first time...


...to wear to my husband's funeral.





Today, I wore the same suit to take my dad to preach Homecoming at one of his first churches.



In 2011, it rained.



Today, it did not.




In 2011, Rob's funeral was at 11 a.m.




Today, the Homecoming service also started at 11 a.m. and as the service got underway, all I could think about was the start of Rob's funeral.



In 2011, my dad did a great job preaching my husband's funeral.



Today, my dad did a great job preaching Homecoming.



In 2011, my children gathered together at the end of their dad's funeral to release the doves.



Today, they gathered together to play a game as they waited for church to start.



In 2011, they were so sad.



Today, although they were mindful of the date of today ----
they were okay.



In 2011 after the funeral, most of the flowers were arranged in the shape of a cross 
and placed on his grave...


...although we did save some.



Today, I placed a new arrangement on his grave.  



It's the first day of Fall.  Rob loved Fall.  
So I bought an arrangement with all of the Fall colors that he loved. 




It's been a year since my husband's funeral.

Life for all of us who loved him has continued.


September 23, 2012 will end in about an hour.


But in many ways, it seems September 23, 2011 will just keep echoing...

...and never will end. 





No comments: